Throwing a yacht party can mean a lot of different things. You could dance all night with a huge crowd or just simply have a bonding moment with friends and family. Regardless of the kind of part you want to throw, it’s important to create an event that’s both fun and exciting for the people on board. If it’s your first time out, you may find it challenging to plan your yacht party accordingly.
The good news is that we, the charter specialists at Isabella Yachts, are here to help. Here are a couple of tips that you can use to plan an exciting yacht party that people will look forward to going.
Choosing the right activities is crucial to the success of your yacht party. There are a wide variety of activities to choose from, some of which can determine the overall theme and outcome of your party. Pick an activity that best fits the interests of your guests to keep them entertained throughout the whole event.
Some of the most popular yacht activities include:
- Water sports – Snorkeling, kayaking, and jet skiing are some examples of fun yacht party activities. These activities are perfect if you plan on inviting friends and colleagues who love the thrill of participating in water sports.
- Casual relaxation – Want a stress-free yacht party? Invite your favourite people and read books while sipping a cup of coffee as part of a leisurely activity.
- Sightseeing – For those who love the view of the great outdoors, a sightseeing excursion is all you need to provide your guests with a unique perspective of nature.
- Dance party – Of course, no yacht party is complete without a DJ onboard. For the ultimate celebration out at sea, stock up the yacht’s bar and dance to the beat while mingling with other people.
- Formal events – Birthday parties, wedding celebrations, and reunions feel even more luxurious when held on a yacht. Invite your friends and family over for a truly unique experience.
There’s just something about a yacht party that elevates any event to a whole new level. With the help of a private yacht charter expert, you’ll have a memorable time together with your guests.
Things to bring on a yacht party
Before you set sail, you want to make sure that you have all of your party essentials onboard. Some of the most important items to consider are:
- Food – After participating in the activities, you and your guests are bound to get hungry. Finger foods, snacks, and meals should be prepared so that everyone can continue enjoying the event.
- Drinks – A professional bartender can help stock up your yacht’s bar with the right beverages for your specific party. Make sure to inform them of the type of guests you’re inviting so they can enjoy a couple of drinks while partying.
- Warm clothing – If you plan on throwing a party at night, the wind that’s coming off the water can feel a bit chilly. Feeling cold isn’t fun which is why you want to have warm clothing on the ready.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses – These are yacht essentials that almost anyone should bring, especially if you have water sports activities planned out. Bring extra sun protection in case your guests need it.
- Boat clothing – Setting a dress code is key to any yacht party as this helps set the tone of your event. Make sure to have a change of clothes if you and your guests plan to spend time in the water.
Tips on maximising your yacht party experience
The last step in the planning phase is to ensure that everyone in the party is having a great time. If you are new to yachting, it can be difficult to predict the outcome of the event. This is where the expertise of a yacht charter company will come in handy to help maximise your whole party experience.
Some additional tips to keep in mind are:
- Be specific about what you want and focus on the important details. Make sure the party caters to the needs and interests of your guests.
- Be open to new ideas. Your charter specialist can help suggest interesting ideas to make the event more unique and luxurious.
- Check up on things to ensure the party is running as smoothly as possible. You do not want to be glued to your phone all the time as this takes away the fun experience of the event.
- Consider hiring professional photographers. This is especially important if you’re planning a formal event like weddings and birthdays.
- Enjoy the moment and be in the present. Leave all of your stresses behind and have the time of your life with your friends and loved ones.
Throwing a yacht party requires careful planning and consideration. By following these tips, you can create a memorable event for the ages.